Monday, January 5, 2009

Too Good to be True...


If there is one thing to know about me, it's I'm a SUCKER for Infomercials...I have and will try just about any product on the market. And sadly, most of them do not live up to their name!! I mean it, from household products, face, wrinkle, hair, tanning, teeth whiteners, diet products, etc...I'm sold! Then sad....more disappointed!

So, the latest and greatest product I tried was Smooth Away (https://www.officialtvwebsite.com/getsmoothaway/index.asp?did=719&refcode=)
...If you haven't seen the kazillion commercials on it by now, it basically claims to smooth away unwanted hair from legs, arms, bikini area, painlessly and in seconds. I finally got in in today...and the results are in: D for DUD

Of course I used it w/o reading the directions first (I always do that), and of course it said what NOT to do, and I of course did it...whoops! Why can't I stroke it up and down or side to side? Well, I guess we'll find out soon enuff!

So, legs are kinda so-so smooth, but not completely-still feel some stubble...felt a tiny bit irrated afterwards too, but you are to put their special gel on it afterwards or any fav lotion...I used Aveeno.

About an hour or so later, my legs felt very irritated...like I just used sand paper or shaved my legs with a razor w/o water...and it felt worse as the night went on...AND, the stubble got more coarse if you can freakin' believe that shite!!! WTH?!?

So, BACK it goes to the company....what a sucker I am...

I think for the most part it 'could' be an ok product...my legs are hard to shave (thx to a BAD shaving experience when I was younger), so maybe for the average gal, this would work perfect.
I just read some reviews and all of them were the same negative experience as me...note to self, read up on this stuff before ya buy it!

So remember, if its sounds too good to be true, then it IS!!!!

No comments: