Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4 mos

I Thought of You Today


(Author unknown)



"I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new.


I thought about you yesterday and days before that too.


I think of you in silence; I often speak your name.


All I have are memories and your picture in a frame.


Your memory is my keepsake with which I’ll never part.


God has you in His keeping; I have you in my heart."

Today is 4 mos since my dad died...Each 'first' event is harder than the next...his birthday and Father's Day...Easter...the beach.  I have a hard time entering their house still...but I think Christmas will be the hardest EVER!

4 mos ago I was holding his hand...watching him take his last breath!  I never witnessed anything like it, and my heart was SO heavy, but yet I KNEW deep down, he was eventually with God, in peace!  I can still feel his hand, so cold...I can remember every minute of that last day with him.  But what I remember most, are the memories...how a certain song can bring me back to such a great time.  My family still mourns him, every single day...I knew this wouldn't be easy, but I was hoping we would be able to cope with it better by now. 

Anyway, miss you dad...

No comments: